The Benefits of Pre-Arranging Your Funeral
There are both emotional and financial benefits of advance planning your funeral. Financial benefits include:
- Your family doesn’t have to worry about the expense associated with your funeral.
- There are Medicaid spend down benefits when final expense funding is placed in an irrevocable trust.
- The emotional benefits can also make the process well worth your time.
- You are assured your wishes are clearly known and spelled out.
- It can help avoid any conflicts with final services following your death.
- It takes the burden of difficult decisions off of family members following your death.
- It can prevent “emotional overspending” on funeral expenses.
- You can make sure your family has the information important to you to include in your obituary.
- You can decide if there are any particular charities you would like to benefit from any contributions in your name.
Why is Pre-Planning Important?
The importance of pre-planning is rooted in many of the benefits listed above. Perhaps most of all, pre-planning provides peace of mind for both you and those who care about you. It is perhaps the most important, caring gift you can give them.